Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Democratic Game Design Redux

(My computer is still down, so thus my lack of posting. I'm working on it, or rather have a relative working on it, and hope to have it back up soon.)

Though I had linked to another democratic game design project of mine, little paper men on my sidebar, I didn't mention it because it was still messy and I hadn't done anything with it for at least a year. Now that I have done some updating (still needs quite a bit of work, hint hint contributes) but it's in a state where I'm not too embarrassed to draw attention to it. The idea is to put stats to paper miniatures figures to provide a simple and cheap (practically free) war game. Right now I have a shoe box full of paper figures of different sizes and types that were really easy to put together (I'm not much of a do-it-yourselfer).

I found it fun to try to think about how the abilities for characters would reflect characters, especially abilities that are flaws, making things harder not easier.

Anyway, check it out. Anything I wrote is just there so there's something and nothing is set in stone, and I look foreword to hearing other people's ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment